STAKEHOLDER INTERVENTION updates

FIRST INTERVENTION EVENT     15 JUNE   booked large room CSM

Beth comes from background of working in NHS / LGBT interest / experience and knowledge of mental health stigma / photography .

I handed her    a card ” AN ALTERNATIVE UNIVERSE ”    This is my invitation to you To go on a Journey of Exploration, Discovery and Contemplation.

Then I spoke about specifics to do with my photos :      Reflections ( water, glass, windows, buildings ) Mirrors     (did not show this series).   Doorways, Through windows and fences and gates ,  Shadows ,  In and Out.                                 Hide and Seek, Making the Familiar Unfamiliar.

This led seaminglessly onto me presenting Beth with my intervention, I showed her one photo series at a time.  I had carefully chosen the order.               1 . Fog Sculpture      2. Blackfriars       3.  Leicester Square     4.  Station platforms  5. 02 Abstracts   6, Box Abstracts    7.  Cushion Abstracts   8.  Askew Road     9. Grapes

Initially I had to explain and lead more than I d anticipated. Though this is an enjoyable part of research for me.       ( Later I found out I d misunderstood RM saying the intervention should be effective even if I am absent ).

Beth asked if she could write bullet ponts as so many thoughts were coming up as she progressed.              I encouraged her to go back and forth as she viewed each file.    And I saw the “penny drop” moments she experienced.

I gave her times of silent activity as well as interaction.  At times she d physically touch a photo to show me what she d realised and discovered.             As progressed she spoke about how she related to what she was now looking at to what she d seen in early files .

Thus making all the separate photo series into a whole interactive intervention.  Something I had aimed for.

BETH s FEEDBACK

She also fed back to me via a full email the next week.                                                      She had learnt not to assume what she was seeing was what she was seeing and she learnt to explore further and was rewarded for doing so.  Initially it took her time to realise the photos were doing pffering this.   She said her curiousity had been evoked by each series in different ways.  She talked about “mind ganes” and playing with reality.      Also becoming aware of unexpected beauty.                                     She d been made aware of her own assumptions of what she looked at as when she looked further the photos enticed her to SEE.

She said she could the intervention as a way of education on several levels, specifically to do with tackling intrenched thinking underlying mental health stigma.

I gave her the interventions 3 coloured cards to take away.

” New ways of seeing the world ”    by Wolfgang Tillmans.                                                 “Society changes as we tell different stories” by Jeanette Winterton.                   “You need to love what you do – as failure is inevitable” by Nile Rogers.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

ANNA   SECOND STAKEHOLDER INTERVENTION     EVENT

4th July  in pub in Woolwich Arsenal.

I made changes for this intervention from what I assessed from the one with Beth.

1.  each photo series must be in its own separate file
  2. reduce the number of series I present at the one event
  3. photos must be displayed so the file does not need to be turned for viewing
  4. I had amended some series files ( add or removing) so not to dilute what is being presented
  5. it worked well giving Beth one file at a time and then putting it closed on the table. I also suggested Anna go back to her first file of Fog Sculpture after her final file.   This was illuminating for both of us as she realised she had been on a journey of discovery combating her assumptions of what she saw. And she took that new knowledge when she returned to look at herfirst file and this time it was a richer more knowledgable experience.

This is Anna s list of files she viewed :

1. Fog Sculpture  2.  Blackfriars  3.  Leicester Square   4.  MOTHER    5. Kings Place   6.   Askew Road    7.  Grapes.

Otherwise I ran Anna s intervention event as I had with Beth.

Anna s has background of MA in Pschology / works for Healthwatch / photography .

She feedback ” it was to do with challenging myself.  Taking the time to see things differently and from different perspectives.    Not moving at a pace/style society sets me.”

She said I should add Shifting Realities” to my list of components,    and “Knowledge” to my Invitation.

She gave me contacts of possible use  –  The Maytree – Psychology Today website  –   mental health Lead s name for Healthwatch Lambeth as he be good for my approach to the Dragon Café to do group intervention there.

Anna also liked taking with her the 3 cards with quotations.

BOTH ANNA and BETH were hooked by my 100 word outline of my research question I had sent when I first approached them.   My proposal really interested them and made them want to be involved,  I don’t really know them that well..

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

My third stakeholder is now rescheduled for 20th July at a café in Kings X.