3rd STAKEHOLDER EVENT TUESDAY 31 JULY 2018 (LARA)

Café/bar York Way 11am,          Lara is younger than my previous participants.    Her social life meant she had to keep cancelling !      But the event went well. It was quite intensive but fruitful for us both.

As with my previous two, once we explore mental health and stigma I draw out knowledge and experience I not known. Including the shame and isolation noticed in our society.

The intervention for Lara to experience was confined to 7 display books I showed her one at a time.   At the end I laid them all on the table for her to go back to and compare her earlier thoughts etc with.

1. Fog sculpture
  2. Blackfriars
  3. Leicester square
  4. MOTHER
  5. Kings Place
  6. Askew Road
  7. Grapes

I handed her my Invitation to  a Journey.      This she found intriguing and informative.

I also gave her the 3 quotations on separate colour cards as “take home” present.           She liked that a lot.     =  engagement.

Below are her direct quotations I wrote down as she journeyed in the Intervention.

Horizon often wonky.  Not straight vision. Shifting realities.     You want to shift your viewing by moving your head / body to SEE better   and to understand better what you are   seeing.

Moving around it the subject partially revealed so your brain makes some of it up.           ( Note: we at this point talked a bit about the brain and its need to complete things etc}

Move close and then move far to look.      But also neither as well.

I feel like I am not seeing as a human      –   but as a dog would,       Or a child or in a wheelchair.           =   different perspectives.            Always moving.

Brain always defines what you are seeing.        Then you come to assumptions. But then that is changed           again and again.          =    the Journey.                            Like Metamaphorsis.

= “Making the familiar unfamiliar”   makes you uncomfortable.

– Lots of layers.        Lots of images within images.        whether inside or outside.        As all of them ‘ subjects’ get revealed.

Curiousity to explore.       Pairing realities and different realities.  Next to each other.    This is the journey.     The series is an important part of it.  It works because they are in special series and is a different way of seeing.

You have a physical interaction as cannot help moving head and body to try to understand and then have become involved and learn even more.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Lara was totally up that I email a questionnaire in September to complete to her.

She helpfully reminded me of my interest in the Wellcome Collection to follow up.

She also gave me ABC Imaging Farringdon contact, Which solved my A3 printing problem.

Helpfully she fed back that I should put the display books on a table as well as large prints on the walls in my future group intervention event.  Her view being they would make it an even more interactive event.